Sunday 12 April 2015

Supporting local businesses with my General Election campaign

I am proud that all the leaflets, posters and campaign materials for my General Election campaign in the St Austell and Newquay constituency have been produced in Cornwall.

But that is most certainly not the case with the local parliamentary candidates from the establishment parties.

In the St Austell and Newquay seat, I have come across dozens and dozens of different leaflets, but the vast majority of them have been printed upcountry. The Conservatives have distributed leaflets printed in Bristol, Somerset and London, while the Liberal Democrats have distributed leaflets printed in Hampshire, Lincolnshire, London, Portsmouth and Somerset. I have also come across Labour leaflets from Essex and UKIP leaflets from London.”

I consider it damning that the London-based parties are not using local firms to produce all their leaflets and other campaign materials.

For the record, materials for my campaign have been produced as follows:

Leaflets – Palace Printers, Lostwithiel; St Austell Printing Company, St Austell.
Posters – Palace Printers, Lostwithiel.
Corex posters – 20/20, Falmouth.
Videos – Cornish Living TV, Newquay.


The below picture is yours truly inspecting the proofs at the St Austell Printing Company

No comments: