Saturday 13 April 2013

New community building at Indian Queens Pit: The opening


The new community building at Indian Queens Pit was officially opened today by Cllr Andrew Waters, the Chairman of St Enoder Parish Council.

The weather was truly appalling in the build-up to the event at 2.00 and I would like to thank all those people who turned up to show their support. I certainly enjoyed myself, the committee certainly enjoyed themselves and I think that everyone else did as well.

Andrew kindly dragged me out of the crowd to assist him with the opening, because I had secured the grant funding necessary for the building.


I was also pleased that we were able to launch my new booklet about the Pit and St Enoder Parish at the event. The costs of publishing the booklet has been covered by local sponsorship and every pound from sales of the book will go towards the improvements at Indian Queens Pit.

The cost of the booklet is £6.00 and anyone can contact me on dick.cole.mk@gmail.com to find out how to get a copy.

The full list of sponsors, both local businesses and individuals, who supported the book and who I would also like to thank are:

Ron Bullock Building Contractors (St Columb Road)
Michael and Margaret Cole (Indian Queens)
W F Collings Building Contractors (St Austell)
Cornwall Pools (Indian Queens)
Martin and Julie Eddy (St Neot)
Wendy Fitton (Fraddon)
Nigel Henwood Coal Merchant (Trevarren)
Mark Kessell Cars (Summercourt)
Cyril Landry (Blackcross)
John and Frances Osborne (Fraddon)
Pam and Garf Ould (Higher Fraddon)
Jeff and Nora Parsons (Indian Queens)
Eric Roberts Contractors (Higher Fraddon)
John Roberts Bodyworks (Indian Queens)
Arthur Trenerry (Fraddon)
Andrew and Sandra Waters (Summercourt)
Cyril and Rose Webb (St Columb Road)
Malcolm and Wendy Williams (Fraddon Post Office)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done to all concerned and hope one day to get there and see it myself as a boy I spent so many Chapel Anniversary's in the Pit and the St Johns Ambulance Sundays.
Having been born at Higher Fraddon, lived at Retew, and Pit Lane And my final days at Hit or Miss Cottage Stamps.
I have so many fond memories.
Well done Dick.