Monday 17 September 2007

Standing for St Austell and Newquay

I am very pleased to announce that I have been selected by Mebyon Kernow – the Party for Cornwall to stand in the new constituency of St Austell and Newquay at the next General Election.

It is a great privilege to be a prospective parliamentary candidate for MK and also to be standing in my home area.

I agreed to put myself forward because I believe that it is important that local people have the opportunity to vote for a political party that is 100% committed to Cornwall and will always put the interests of our local communities ahead of any narrow party political advantage.

It is my honest view that the London-based parties have collectively failed Cornwall and that the best way to demand a better deal for Cornwall is to send a strong message to central government by voting for MK.

In the coming weeks, this blog will play an important part in my campaign and will regularly be updated with campaign news.

No comments: